Wednesday, July 30, 2008
So I have been meaning to post our pictures from the 4th for awhile now. The day before the 4th it was thunder and lightening and storming and the forecast showed more of the same so my friend and I decided we would go camping on the Eastern side of Washington (completely different climate and weather across the mountain) We figures two hours and we're guaranteed sunshine. We called our friend Heidi who grew up in Eastern Washington --she was there with her family-- to see if there was a great firework show or if she could recommend a place and she convinced us the best place to spend the 4th was with her and her family in Mattawa on her family's farm. And she was right! It was sooo much fun. They know how to have a party! And so welcoming, inviting, fun company. We will forever remember our tour of downtown Mattawa, mini hay cubes, Kurt's first motorcycle ride, My first time taking Kurt 4-wheeling, My kids first time 4-wheeling, a really really great home created firework show, and sooooo much good food! Thanks Heidi! I hope sometime we can return the favor!
--oh and I better mention, or Kurt will, it was raining when we got there--ok pouring. But that finished within an hour and it was perfect for the whole rest of the time. Since it was my idea to search for sun, and I had to talk Kurt into it, Kurt thought that the rain was hilarious---couldn't help laughing his head off . . . he thinks he's a comedian. . .
Monday, July 28, 2008
Sunday, July 27, 2008
20 Years ago...
1. I was 9.
2. Living in Brigham City, Utah.
3. Riding my bike to Kings with my younger brother Steve and if we were lucky we stopped to get a tigers blood flavored sno-cone.
10 Years ago...
1. Kurt had just left on his mission and I spent every minute thinking about him (well, almost every minute).
2. I had moved back home after my first year at BYU and was working at the BC golf course with Laura Bagwell.
3. I didn't know what I wanted to do for my major at BYU.
5 Years ago...
1. Natalie was 1. Kurt and I had just graduated (me in English, K in Chemical Engineering)
2. We moved to Washington - Kurt had just started his job as a nuclear engineer in Port Orchard, WA
3.One week after moving to Port Orchard I thought I had the flu and it turned out I was pregnant with Lincoln.
4. We bought our first house that fall - we loved that place - we really miss that place and all our friends there! We had a great thanksgiving with the Snyders and McBrides (9X13 pan of jello for each family-2 pies per person-and a hot tub to finish off the day!)--I just realized after talking with K that that was four years ago, but still worth noting. So fun!
3 Years ago...
1. Kurt decided to go to dental school and took the DAT and did DA-Amazing.
2. We were loving Washington and all of our amazing friends there--ditto Nat, we miss all you guys too.
3. We spent the summer replacing all the siding on the house and then painted it the same color all over again.
4. Kurt got in to UW so we got ready to sell our house - did I mention that we miss that house?
1 Year ago...
1. We were living with RATS in our rental in seattle. (Then we really started to miss our PO house)
2. Maya was 6 months old and so dang cute, Lincoln was being potty trained and ended up so constipated we started him on medication. Oh man that was so not fun.
3. Natalie was getting ready to start Kindergarten.
4. We were about to move into our new house in Lynnwood.
1. I hate admitting that I was a cranky pants but I kind-of was in the morning--Natalie had a T-ball game-she did awesome and was so cute out there, we were trying to finish the fence, I was trying to organize for my calling, and the house was messy . . .
2. I got out crete paper and balloons and helped the kids decorate their bikes for the pioneer parade
3. Apologized to Kurt for being cranky, asked him how he stays married to me--(he said same way I stayed married to him)
4. Went to the pioneer day picnic for like three or four stakes that our stake hosted--it ended up being so fun but only because I spotted the line for the food as it started to form and asked Kurt to jump in for us.
5. Went to Kohls to replace Kurt's shorts, found a whole bunch of other great deals, tried to keep the kids happy while I had Kurt try tons of stuff on, ended up just replacing Kurt's shorts.
6. Kurt got his letter saying he PASSED THE DENTAL BOARDS! yeah!!!
7. Cleaned the house like crazy after the kids were in bed even though I was really really tired. But today I am glad I did!
1. Slept in until 8:45 (I really never ever ever do that!--it was awesome!)
2. Got the kids and me ready for church. Lincoln was in his new summer church clothes and looked soooo cute! It really made him look older, i'm not sure why but it was bitter-sweet to see as always.
3. Tried to teach 3 and 4 year olds the ASL for the chorus of Called to Serve while they were trying to spit on each other. At one point I was reaching for Lincoln right before he expectorated something he'd been working on and leading music at the same time.
4. Had fantastic mexican chicken with homemade tortillas for dinner
5. Got yummy brownies from my new VT comp Erin
6. Figured out finances (how much debt we are in from dental school up to date--don't ask) It's a good thing I had something chocolate.
1. Will go work out at the YMCA
2. Probably do some laundry, folding while I watch Cosby at 4pm, make dinner, Vacuum, dust, hang out at the park next door with the kids if it's sunny, read a book . . .
3. Babysit for my friend Aimee
4. Have FHE
1. Find a way to bring more music back into my life!
2. Kurt's trying to talk me into training for a marathon--we'll see I've never even ran a 10K (depends on my knees)
3. Do something fun to celebrate Kurt and I turning the big 30!
4. Hope to remember to play with my kids and be really careful to not over schedule our precious evenings.
I tag anyone that had the patience to read this entire thing through!