Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cathing up--we had a great 4th!









So I have been meaning to post our pictures from the 4th for awhile now. The day before the 4th it was thunder and lightening and storming and the forecast showed more of the same so my friend and I decided we would go camping on the Eastern side of Washington (completely different climate and weather across the mountain) We figures two hours and we're guaranteed sunshine. We called our friend Heidi who grew up in Eastern Washington --she was there with her family-- to see if there was a great firework show or if she could recommend a place and she convinced us the best place to spend the 4th was with her and her family in Mattawa on her family's farm. And she was right! It was sooo much fun. They know how to have a party! And so welcoming, inviting, fun company. We will forever remember our tour of downtown Mattawa, mini hay cubes, Kurt's first motorcycle ride, My first time taking Kurt 4-wheeling, My kids first time 4-wheeling, a really really great home created firework show, and sooooo much good food! Thanks Heidi! I hope sometime we can return the favor!

--oh and I better mention, or Kurt will, it was raining when we got there--ok pouring. But that finished within an hour and it was perfect for the whole rest of the time. Since it was my idea to search for sun, and I had to talk Kurt into it, Kurt thought that the rain was hilarious---couldn't help laughing his head off . . . he thinks he's a comedian. . .

5 comments:

Adele said...

I hope its nice and sunny next week when we come! I can't wait to see you guys!! I am seriously sooo excited for a vacation!!!! Love you guys!

Melissa Tiek said...

I can imagine Jas would have been laughing at me if that had happened. That looks like a way fun Fourth. It makes me want to try out Jon and Lou's four-wheelers. I haven't gone in ages.

Aubrey Doyle said...

Michelle, you have such a beautiful family! It was fun reading through some of your entries (I randomly chose a few here and there, no time for them all). It sounds like you guys have a great life!

Ginger said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. Small town 4ths are the best. I can't believe that Kurt hadn't ever been on a motorcycle before. You remind me of the small things I take for granted. I know that I'm a small town country girl and always will be because what you described it what I think is "The Life".

Kati said...

Isn't is funny how we get so behind. It seems like the big events where I take lots of pictures, end up being the things I DON'T get around to posting about :)