Monday, September 1, 2008










summer has been so funa nd went by too fast. I would say it's been busy but that would imply that I didn't sit around in the backyard by the kids pool or sit and read while the kids played at the park and i definitely got to do those things. It's been full. Full is a good word because I feel like we have made some really great friends and have been enjoying our ward callings and other hobbies. I guess Kurt might say busy though. He took the boards and passed! Yeah!

I have pictures of it all but I don't know how to put a picture on and then write about it underneath without making a new post. . .I know I'm a sad little blogger.

Oh well, here's what we did:
-T-ball with the YMCA for lincoln and Natalie--very fun and entertaining.
-Carol and Allen and kids--canoes, beach, zoo, beach, motorcycle shopping with Allen : )
-Adele and Josh came up for a week--hikes, beach, space needle, mariners game, pikes place, shopping, canoeing, hiking, snoqualmie falls, (i'm sure I missed something we did a ton!)
Kurt's white coat ceremony. They recognize the change from didactic learning to practical application by presenting the students with a white coat. He is now an official student doctor who will be practicing on patients. I'm so proud!
-Thursday park days with Aimee and Jillian. We go together and meet the rest of the moms at different parks or beaches in the area. It's so fun to see how much is just around the corner from us here. The perks to living in a big city.
there's more but seriously I'm just going to have to save things for a different post.

5 comments:

Miss Debbie Tiek said...

Wonderful! It sounds like a very fun and busy summer. Just the way it should be. Can't wait to see you all in 4 weeks! Mama and Papa

Melissa Tiek said...

That sounds like a fun-filled summer! I really want to come up and visit while you guys are still in Seattle. We will have to look into it. Oh, and some of those guys that Kurt is with look like they are way too young to be practicing on patients...

Cailean said...

What a fun summer! I know there's more for kids in Lynnwood than in Seattle - and probably much cheaper! We ended up doing wading pools mostly and way less than I'd wanted to since we had a new baby. Can you believe it's back to school time?

Adele said...

We did do a ton and it was soo much fun!! Thanks for being great tour guides!!

Adele said...

haha... I just looked at that picture of us at Snoqualmie falls and had a good laugh when I looked at Josh's belly. I think between holding Maya and the way he is standing it kind of looks like he's got quite the gut... which he doesn't. Funny.. (and not the best picture of me- are my eyes half shut?)