Saturday, September 6, 2008

sharpening pencils

s





Natalie started school this week. Kurt made her a giant minnie mouse pancake. That morning I was going over her list of supplies she's supposed to bring and we realized that her list specifies a 24 pack of SHARPENED no 2 pencils. So we busted out the new sharpener and the kids had so much fun. Natalie was so excited. She was planning to take the bus but changed her mind and asked dad to take her that morning. Kurt and Lincoln went since L had a check-up with the dr. that morning that K was taking him since I needed to be here to b-sit for a friend. They were so cute when they left. Natalie has two of her neighborhood friends in the class and also her favorite school friend from last year. She also got to bring pikachu with her to show the class as the teacher assigned the kids to bring one thing the first day that helps others learn about them. Pikachu? Oh well she was so happy to take him. Whatever. From what i got out of her when she got home she seemed to love her teacher and first day of first grade. I'm still getting used to having a kid in school all day long.

So when they all left it was just me and Maya. It was so quiet. And kind-of peaceful. Maya cried when they left but I distracted her quickly with her dolls and pretty soon we were just playing in her room. She started rocking on her big rocking chair then stopped it suddenly and looked at me and said, "mommy home." then I agreed, "yep mommy is home" and she went back to rocking. It was one of those I'm so glad I get to be home with my kids moment. It meant a lot to me. Thanks Maya for noticing.

5 comments:

Cailean said...

What a cutie! I can't believe that's Maya! I'll look at a photo with her and go, "Who's that child?" and then realize it's her. Wow. Anyway, congrats on Natalie's first day. Can you believe we have first graders? How did that happen!! I'm sure it's the same at your school but 1st grade is some serious homework. Yikes!

Allison Tiek said...

Wow! I wanted to make the same comment about Maya! She's so big and so beautiful! Well, we miss you guys and Cohen is excited to meet his cousins.

Tawnya said...

Okay. Natalie looks so cute with the braided piggy tails! I love it! I will remember that look for my girls.

Adele said...

Oh Maya... I miss your kids so much! I just want to come back to Seattle!!

Jon and Jessica said...

Oh! Natalie, Lincoln, Maya...!
You're all so cute! I know I technically only met you a few times 5 months ago (woah! crazy)... but you're still family and we love you all! Keep the pictures coming, of all of you, I love it!