Friday, April 29, 2011

after, before and after


I decided to redo this cabinet and mirror. I found them at an estate sale for $35. I thought about sanding down the whole thing and doing a watered down blue stain but after starting to sand realized there was only a layer of wood then laminate underneath. Plus the detail work would have been a royal pain to sand. So instead, I spray painted it. My camera doesn't do well with indoor lighting so you can't see the edges where I antiqued it. I think it turned out pretty good. I don't like having it right next to a different white (the door) but since we won't live in this rental forever I'm not too worried.


Here it is before...

and after.
Eventually I want to find a little sign about heading to the beach or something. Those are shells in those glass vases.



4 comments:

Adele said...

Cute! you should check out my friend's blog. She has a whole blog dedicated to re-doing old furniture. http://ericka-designsense.blogspot.com/

Nathan and Raya said...

good eye! I have a hard time seeing past what something looks like and seeing the potential. It looks great!

Kati said...

LOVE it!

Melissa Tiek said...

That looks so good Michelle! Now that I have room for furniture I have this inner self that wants to restore furniture so I love seeing projects like this!