Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Lincoln

We were in the car yesterday going to UW campus to pick up Kurt driving through the U district where there are always a LOT of people everywhere. Lincoln is in the back seat pointing out whatever he sees.
Lincoln-"Look mom there's a bus"
Mom-"yep there's a bus"
Lincoln "Look mom there's someone riding a bike!"
Mom-"yeah, lots of people ride bikes around here."
Lincoln "Look mom there's a giant dinosaur and he's trying to eat all those people! They are running away very fast!"
mom-"oh really?"
Lincoln-"just kidding there isn't a dinasaur. But there is a lot of people."

Lincoln loves to have control of things. He gets a little weird when he feels like things are not working like he wants. One morning a while back he woke up sometime around 6:30 and came into my room. I told him to come get in bed with me. After a few seconds I started to doze back off but then hear this slapping sound. Lincoln is smacking himself in the face. I ask him why he's hitting himself and he says, "My eyes won't stay open!" I tell him that it's because he woke up too early and he needs to go back to sleep. He proceeds to slap his face and his head jams back and bangs me in the lip. So then I say, "Lincoln! You just hurt mommy! Please stop hitting yourself" He continues but now he is out of bed doing a sort-of break dance move only he's really smacking and kicking at himself.
Seriously? Completely absurd.

Ok my last Lincoln story--I am the Primary chorister so I am constantly saying, "Ok I am going to call on whoever is most reverent." So the other day Lincoln wanted to take a page of stickers to the daycare at the gym. He said he wanted to pass them out. After we checked in and right as he's walking through the gate he says loudly raising them up above his head, "I have stickers for whoever is good today." Then later that week we had homemade rolls--the kids favorite--and we were telling L he could only have another roll if he ate some of his other food first. He reached and grabbed one anyway. Dad started coming over to him so he quickly raised the roll up high and announced, "This is for whoever is the most reverent" Kurt had already grabbed it so he says, "Dad was the most reverent!" really quickly. He cracks us up.

10 comments:

John and Laura said...

What a great kid! He's grown up a ton since I've seen him. Dinosaur eating people?? What a crack up.

Have I mentioned that I miss you guys???

Kyle and Marci said...

So creative! Isn't this such a fun stage to have a boy. They say the most backward things sometimes.

We miss you guys terribly and hope that all is well....

~Aimee~ said...

That last story is hilarious!! Hahahaha!!! What a character. :-D

Cailean said...

He is so cute! Oh my goodness! He was always so cute of course! But hearing his more grown-up thoughts is so fun. And it gives me hope to make it through these tantrum-filled days! Do you think you could be chorister for two wards? We'll be in need of a chorister in a few months!

Rose said...

Hahaha... dinosaur... how funny! :)

Paul and Natalie McB said...

OK that roll story made me laugh to tears! That is the cutest thing I've ever heard! That's the stuff that makes the 3 full time jobs worth it!

Danielle said...

That is just hysterical!

~Danielle

Carrie and Jeff said...

Those stories of Lincoln are so funny. Just imagine what life will be like when he's a teenager. What a fun kid!

Ginger said...

Super creative age. It's fun isn't it. I'm glad to finally view your blog again and catch up a little. I'm glad you're all doing so well. Keep in touch.

mid said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/10-merk-pengharum-mobil-terbaik/