Sunday, April 6, 2008

Easter without daddy







We managed to have a really nice Easter even with a very important member of the team gone. Kurt spent the week in Texas helping build a pergola for his brother. Kurt's dad was there too and took his boys bay fishing off the coast of Texas. He didn't catch the most but he did catch the biggest fish of the day. Meanwhile I was very lucky to have really sweet friends invite us over to enjoy ham and egg hunts with them. I have decided to take on my mother's treasure hunt complete with scripture questions and eggs with jelly beans. I It was a hit this year---the reason I can tell is they have been playing "treasure hunt" with each other everyday since. It was raining outside so I kept it to just inside our house but the kids loved it. Maya was following the other two as best she could. At one point of the hunt they had to sit and watch a clip I found on LDS.org of Christ's life, death and resurrection. I then had some questions for them about the movie. It really brought the spirit of Easter to our day and I felt like it was such a success! Yeah!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

What a cute easter egg hunt idea. And way to find a video online. Very clever. :)

Adele said...

Super- MOM!! Looks like you had a fun Easter even without your bum husband!

Cailean said...

What a fun Easter even if it was Kurt-less. I love the look on your kids faces watching the video :) We asked our Primary kids what Easter was all about and they said "Jelly beans! Eggs! Candy!"

Rose said...

Awww... they are so cute! You'll have to tell us more about this hunt of yours (I wouldn't mind stealing the ideas... :))

Anonymous said...

Franco Zeffirelli's Jesus of Nazereth is the film I showed my students during Easter, when I taught in new York. We were all in tears by the end. I knew they really understood what Easter is about.

Anytime Bob Villa (aka Kurt) wants to build a mini pergola in our yard - you know - just for fun, feel free. ;)

~Danielle