Thursday, July 2, 2009

brand new babies


I love this arrangement. I wish I had these flowers growing in my garden so I could make this arrangement for all the new moms.

My brother and his wife just had their baby boy Nathan. My sister in law Michele had a baby girl Elizabeth. My two friends here in Seattle had their babies-girl and boy. I am always amazed that these babies come and do so well. I just love seeing how tiny they are. Their feet are so tiny! I just pulled out my baby stuff from the garage and am dusting it off. I picked out a little girl outfit and need to find a boy outfit to pack for the hospital. I've been re-reading my hypnobirthing book the last few months and am now reading for the first time, Ina Maye's Guide to Childbirth. The first part of the book is birth story after birth story. It makes me excited and anxious.--It's bringing it all back for me. I sometimes wonder why I chose to do this when life is so nice right now. Maya is practically potty trained, the kids are out of school and so far are really enjoying just being together. We have a good routine going . . .but then I hold my friend's little newborns (Wish I could hold my nephew and neice too!!!) I just cannot wait to meet my next little addition to the Leavitt family. I'm excited to have my baby during the sunniest part of the year. My one problem is figuring out a boy name....suggestions? Boy names are hard. I'm sure we'll think of something in time...

12 comments:

Toph said...

Abraham!!! (that way, if Licoln is fighting with him you can just yell Abraham Lincoln!!!) LOL

Toph said...

Oops.. Lincoln (forgot the "n" both times)

Aubrey Doyle said...

So many babies, so exciting! I sometimes wonder the same thing about our little family and why we are having another one when life is just feeling normal with 2 kids. Babies are so sweet and so precious, but they sure know how to shake things up! You are getting so close to your due date! Exciting times ahead!

p.s. If we have another boy we are thinking of the name Nixon, just an idea! I did think the Abraham Lincoln comment was pretty cute, too
!

Rebecca said...

Hmmm...you could always go with Kurt, Jr...or what about George?? Mom would be ecstatic!
I agree...boy names are hard. Hard to find a unique one that still sounds masculine enough. I have liked Everett...which seriously does not work with Leavitt...and I like Emerson. Maybe since you are an English gal you could find some inspiration there...Thoreau?? Just a thought! : ) You could name him Brigham...after your home town! I actually SO love that name, but, for obvious reasons, could NEVER use it. Good luck. Wish I could be there to be your doula!!

Adele said...

I love the name Nixon-- Also love love the name Emerson, but I like it for a girl. But.. Emerson doesn't really go w/ my last name though..

Rose said...

Hmmm... not sure what style of names you prefer for your boys. I can at least try and pick out some that sound good with the other names! Benjamin, Logan, Isaac, Jacob, Zac. Although Jacob and Logan aver VERY common, so not sure that you'd want to use those.

Oh, just speculating, but I've always found it easier to come up with names for whatever gender the baby turned out to be. So it could be a sign that you're having another girl!

Belkycita said...

I was going to say something but after reading the first entry I can't do anything but laugh at the picture I created in my head! good luck :-)

Kori said...

Asher... Oh wait. That's the name of a book (Asher Lev--without the 'it'). Booker. Chase. Davin. Ender. Corbin. Boy names are difficult, but fun!

Momma Nelson said...

I was watching TV this afternoon and one of the actors on the movie I was watching was names Wesley. I thought this was a pretty neat name. Good Luck.

Leavitt said...

How about Alden or Cooper? If we were having a boy, it would have been Alden. But of course it's a girl and we can't pick a name...

Michele said...

Samuel was our boy name for Elizabeth. I like Rebecca's comment how about Kurt George? There is a name you can be proud of! :)

~Aimee~ said...

Awwww, tons of new babies around you! It is SO much fun to have a newborn again, if you ask me! I am loving it. And Ina May's Guide to Childbirth is FANTASTIC!!! I can't say enough good things about it. I just finished it again this morning (for like the 4th time). I can't wait to see you new little one too!!!