Friday, June 18, 2010

Dental School Graduation


My friend Allison made this cake for me. She makes amazing cakes and she just started learning how not that long ago. Talk about serious TALENT! She also watched Reagan for us so we could enjoy the grad ceremony and dinner afterward. Thank you so much Allison!

They read a script Kurt had written and put up pictures of him with the kids me and him etc. It made the ceremony more personal and fun I thought. I did feel like the picture of him and I was up there too long though.

Camry putting up with her little cousins. She and Libby were huge helps and fun to have up here for the visit.

Kurt's sister Tamara

This is Roche Harbor on San Juan Island. It is such beautiful little place to walk around. There were some English style gardens and I loved seeing all the flowers and the way they landscaped.
Here is Lincoln with Timothy they are about a year apart so they had a lot of fun together.

Kurt's brother Aaron's family. They stayed after the graduation for a week over on the San Juan Islands. We went over to visit them for one night. They had been on a whale watching tour and spotted the perfect place to see whales so we all went to that spot and I got to see a whole pod go by twice! The second time I saw one jump right out of the water right in front of where we were watching. It gave me goosebumps.

Kurt's siblings minus one. We missed you Adele.

Here is where we saw all the whales.

Right before Kurt left for the ceremony I took a picture with all of us since Reagan wasn't joining us for the day.


8 comments:

Steve Tiek said...

That's so awesome! Congrats Dr. Kurtamis. He is my Hero....so I've had this tooth ache....jk : )

Melissa Tiek said...

Congrats to Kurt! Or should I say Doctor...I figure that is what he will make us call him from here on out... ;)

Christina said...

That cake looks amazing!

We are going to miss you guys. Good luck!

Stacey said...

Congratulations Kurt! That cake is amazing. Good luck on your next adventure. We hope you love it.

p.s. Maya's hair is getting so long!

Kati said...

I LOVE those last two pictures! And we have totally been to that park with the whale watching - isn't it a great place?

I miss you already. (It's Friday night! :)

Natalie said...

So are you settled in CA already!?!? I want to know about your new place, job, etc. etc.!!! I hope the move went well and you are loving your new area!!! Take Care and We are thinking about you guys and missing you tons!!!!

Paul and Natalie McB said...

Just looked at your blog for the first time in FOREVER!!!! Congratulations Kurt! Good luck in California. Please call us when you are in UT for a visit, we miss you all and I need to gush on the little one:)

wandering nana said...

Nlow I know where the red hair comes from. We miss you.