Tuesday, August 17, 2010

New Orleans


Kurt and I had a chance to be together kid free for five days thanks to a dental conference in New Orleans and my mom. I loved the architecture in the French district, also a French cafe I found that serves the best praline icecream i have ever had. I stowed away in there to read my book and people watch from the window while Kurt was busy at his meetings.
Here I am at the cafe. It was one of my favorite afternoons...so yes I decided to take a picture of myself, my icecream, and my table where I could see people passing outside.







The Jazz music was really fun too. Our favorite Jazz was at a place called Preservation Hall where they had the live music. The guy on the piano and clarinet were a-MAZ-ing.

8 comments:

Elise said...

Glad you had such a wonderful time! It is fabulous to get away, isn't it?

Leavitt said...

Looks like a fun trip! Good talking to you!

Belkycita said...

Oh how fun!!!
I love getaways :-)

wandering nana said...

I love Naw Orlans... my daughter lived there for 4 years while her hubby went to Tulane Medical School. We got to visit quite often. Did you eat Benets? How is life. We really miss you all.

Stacey said...

I've always wanted to visit there. My mom says that was one of her favorite cities to visit. Love the trips without kids and with most of the expenses paid by work!

angelalois said...

that is awesome! a dream come true to vacation sans the kiddos! i'm glad you got to go. we miss you guys!

picture perfect cakes said...

Looks like fun. I love the Cafe. You look cute. Love the necklace.LOL. We miss you guys tons. Hope your having fun in Cali.

Kati said...

I love the cafe pics - you look beautiful! Your necklace reminded me about my ring :(. Wish we could go shopping! Hey, Kurt could babysit Monday! His dream vacation :)