Friday, August 27, 2010

The Watsons and that church








I just ran across these pictures I have of the kids with the Watsons. They are an amazing couple we got to know in the Seattle ward we just left. They were literally angels for me and my kids. Mark was especially an angel with Lincoln and Linda with Maya. Every Sunday they helped me with my kids. Every week they saved me a seat and Linda brought a bag filled with coloring books, reg books, crayons, and fruit snacks, pretzels, etc. They had us on their left and on their right sat another bishopbric member's family--the Goodwins. When we left they loaded us up with goodies and a bag of chex mix that was amazing.

Thank you again Watsons--we love you and miss you!

Maya saw these pictures just now and she said: Mom I miss Sister Watson on Sundays. I miss that (Seattle) church.

5 comments:

Adele said...

How neat to have such great friend who will help so much. I had my first Sunday with two kids without Josh (he was at his Army drill) and I was so grateful for one woman who took Emory the whole Sacrament meeting for me... Lifesaver!

wandering nana said...

You are too kind. We were far more blessed to be able to get to know your sweet family. Tell your kids we really miss them too. It was always a treat to have Maya run up and tell me hello and then sit on my lap. Natalie was always so sweet and we loved her smile. She is a great example to her younger siblings. It was nice to talk to Lincoln and read books to him or listen to him read. We miss them and of course their parents. Remember....guest rooms!

Kati said...

Tell that sweet girl that "that church" misses her! We got a paper with our emergency contacts for school. Justin pointed out we have to make a change :(

Stacey said...

Maybe they just adopt the family of the bishop's wife and designate themselves as their duty to do so. They were great to me too and I'd put money on it that they're sitting by Tawnya every week now! They're hard to find - people like that!

Tawnya said...

YES!!! What would we do without them?