Sunday, January 16, 2011

Christmas is come and gone...and it felt like spring here today. It was 70! 70 in January! I took a blanket in the backyard and just enjoyed the sun while listening to a conference talk on my ipod. Kurt joined me and fell asleep after 2 seconds. About an hour and a half later Natalie comes running outside telling us that there is smoke coming from the oven. Kurt had failed to mention that he had just put the last batch of cookies in before he zonked off. There was no real damage done other than the house smelling terrible for the rest of the day. Good thing we could open all the windows! I am only mentioning this because normally it would have been me that left the cookies so it was nice to see it can happen to anyone.

So, well I guess a blog post isn't a good one without pictures so I'll put some random ones on here:

For Maya's preschool class we took a field trip to see the dentist.




Kurt got to coach both the kid's soccer teams. The weather was great all fall and we had a lot of fun watching all the games. This is one of Lincoln's many goals. You can't tell he made the goal but you can see the ref giving the goal signal.





5 comments:

Stacey said...

Went to see THE dentist. I really wish we could use your dentist. Sometimes I wonder if it would be worth the drive - what is it? Probably 5 or 6 hours from here? I'm already switching ours.

And that post wasn't nearly long enough for me! But I loved the burnt cookies story. I never (ok, maybe sometimes) complained about the weather in Seattle because it really didn't bother me that much, but I must admit, it took no getting used to the weather here. When the sun is pouring through the windows in January, I am soaking it up every time. (But it wasn't 70 here today...maybe 60)

Ricki said...

Oh, sounds beautiful! Thanks for sharing the sunshine with me here and the lack thereof. I love your header picture, you beautiful people!

Natalie said...

Love the new picture of the family! I just can't believe how grown up all your kids are!! We miss you tons and need to make a trip to come see you!

Melissa Tiek said...

It felt like spring here too...it was 35...we miss you guys!

Kati said...

I think the weather is getting to me more now that I've "seen the other side" :)

I miss you. Meant to call you guys today since we missed Lincoln's bday yesterday. Also needed to vent a little. Love you!