Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Natalie















Natalie lost her first tooth a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure who was more excited Kurt or Natalie. He used some floss to finish the job--at first it didn't work, the floss kind-of got stuck in there so I whispered to him to just yank it, he did, and it came right out. After a few tears she was very excited for the tooth fairy. It's so cute to me when she smiles. I can't believe she's so old!


So lately Natalie has been trying out new words. When we were walking home from the bus stop today I asked her why her hair-band was so far back on her head and she said, "Ben" and sighed. I asked who Ben was and she started dropping her new favorite word. She said, "Oh it's this boy that I always end up sitting by on the bus or at school. He's so distracting."---her new word. I asked her if he actually pushed her head-band back on her head and she said that he did and that he was only nice if she talked about pikachu. "If I don't talk about pikachu he's mean and so distracting." I'm not really sure if she knows the full meaning of the word or if she absolutely does. She cracks me up.

2 comments:

Adele said...

Oh my goodness... that is hilarious about the word "distracting" I remember her talking at the beginning of the year about how she "loved" that boy in her class and you guys talking to her about love...
And I would wager a bet that Kurt was the more excited one about her losing a tooth... any takers?

Cailean said...

That's such a big moment for her and for you guys too! How fun that he had a little patient daughter to work on. Can you believe how quickly they grow up - sniff!