Monday, January 28, 2008

snow day







I woke up last night around 3am and saw that it had dumped about a half foot of snow. I hardly watch the news lately so I really didn't expect it at all. Natalie, Lincoln, Maya, and I all bundled up and headed out to play in it. Maya wouldn't try to walk in it so she just stayed in that spot while she watched us make angels and throw snow at each other. She was so happy and intrigued by it all. I made her her own snow ball and she kept chattering with every sentence ending with a very clear "ball." She looked like a marshmallow in her suit----thanks Ginger!--- and she was so warm. After awhile I made her a little chair out of the snow and she just sat there and jabbered at us.

7 comments:

Adele said...

How fun!... when you don't have to go anywhere. We woke up this morning to snow as well... and 40mph winds... I left the house at 7am for school and got 7 miles down the freeway, turned around and came home and that took me 45 minutes. I couldn't see anything and it was just plain scary. School was cancelled today as well, so Josh and I have been home all snuggly in our house all day!

banielson said...

Michelle,
I saw your comment on Kim's blog and found your info. Yeah...I haven't talked to you forever. I didn't even know that you had another baby. How old is she? I had my 3rd boy last Valentine's DAy so he is almost a year. Check out my blog at bnielsonfamily.blogspot.com
Your family is beautiful.
Hope you are all doing well.
Love,
Annie Nielson

Cailean said...

Now THAT is a real snowstorm! Had you guys still been down here (sniff sniff), you'd have had maybe 1.5" that was mostly gone by the evening. I can't believe that's really Maya! She has the same little face, but upright! And bigger! I showed Nathan and he went, "Whoah!"

kimbo said...

Michelle, your family is beautiful! I can't believe we have three kids. Sometimes I think about the good old college days and laugh about you and Kurt setting your "budget" before you got married - How's that going? :) You guys always set a good example for the rest of us. Let's keep in touch more - I think we should have a little reunion of our own. What do you think?

Steve Tiek said...

Just when I thought Maya couldn't get any cuter you go and wrap her in a soft pink marshmallow and put her in the snow. She looks ecstatic. Thanks for the pics.
-Steve and Al

banielson said...

hi its me again. Got your comment on my blog :) what is your email address? I don't want to keep leaving random comments every time I want to talk to you. Mine is anniephotography@cableone.net

Thanks,
annie

Belkycita said...

Hey there, I didn't know you had a blog!
We miss you!