Sunday, December 14, 2008

Snow and Cold


Ok, so I'm the worst blogger ever. It's been confirmed. I called my friend Natalie and those were the first words out of her mouth. I admit it. It's true.

So Christmas hit our city today. We have snow everywhere and when it gets this cold, ICE everywhere. The kids bundled up to play in the backyard and I couldn't get the screen open. It was frozen shut. I took my kettle of hot water out and melted the ice off the runner so we could open it. The kids thought that was really cool. The air was so cold and windy that the snow was un-ball-able so no snowmen or snowballs. And Maya didn't last long--it was freezing.

I am sick today. I always feel so bad making someone else do singing time. It's one of those that's really hard to substitute last minute unless you are comfortable with Primary songs and singing solos in front of teachers and kids. Luckily my friend Kati saved me yet again. I have such sweet friends.

Feeling sick makes me appreciate what the Savior did for us. My experience seems so hard for me and yet what He did for us we couldn't endure. He suffered it willingly because He loves us. This makes me want to endure my small scale suffering gracefully and keep things in perspective.

I am still getting Christmas cards out! I really should be fired.

9 comments:

Tawnya said...

I hope you feel better! And thank goodness for people like you and Kati. I do not have enough self confidence to lead the music in primary. You, however, do an amazing job. I don't even think I remember many primary songs. Maybe I should brush up on them now that Jaxson's getting older. Hmmmm.

Kati said...

You're so sweet! It's always fun to be recognized on someone's blog :). It wasn't a big deal at all - I'm glad you felt like you could ask me.

You might have some competition for that "worst blogger" award though. I haven't blogged in over two and a half weeks and don't know when I will. It just gets put on the backburner sometimes! Not that I'm always using my time so well. I think we're the same in that it gets kind of overwhelming. Okay, this is a really long comment, and I first thought of going to bed almost two hours ago. What's wrong with me?! (Oh, you're ahead of us on Christmas cards too . . . all we've done is take a picture! By the way, sorry I never took one for you! I'm assuming you got one?)

Grossarths said...

I think half the ward was gone yesterday due to illness and bad weather. At least you called to tell people you weren't going to be at church! We were scrambling to get everything prepared for Relief Society! I hope you feel better soon.

Adele said...

Yes.. you are a terrible blogger, but you're probably busy being a good mom and wife instead... so that is excusable! We cannot wait to see you guys! I am so excited for you guys to meet my little guy!! Love you so much!! Get here fast!!

Christina said...

Hope you're feeling better.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Melissa Tiek said...

Did you see the last time I blogged? It was over a month ago. I am a horrible blogger. And with my lack of time we aren't even going to mail our Christmas cards. You should be getting a Christmas card email shortly. Can't wait to see you!

Paul and Natalie McB said...

I'm so sorry I called you the worst blogger ever, especially when I have no room to talk. I haven't really been feeling the bloggin love lately. It was so great to see you guys!!!!!! Wish it could be more often, because we are kindred spirits:)))))) Hope you are feeling better. Love you.

Melissa Tiek said...

Wow! It kills me how freakin' cute Maya is. And I love the Links is there bundled up just the same. I'm also proud that you were able to pull the spiritual twist out of what you are suffering. I'm sorry that you're still having a hard time. Melissa and I keep you in our prayers every night :) Love you Michelle and I hope that you got our Happy Birthday message last week.

Jason

Belkycita said...

I was worried the snow kill you!
JK I love the photo.
Camille Bradshaw is about to have her twins!!