Friday, February 6, 2009

Latest room projects

Back in November we decided to paint the kids rooms. We went for stripes in Maya's room and we love how they turned out. It is quite a process measuring it all out and taping but a lot of fun when you peel the tape off.





We are going to change up the pink in the stripes room and change to red by painting the dresser, putting on a new cover. I'm excited for when it's all done. We still don't have much up on the walls because I am very picky. If you have some great suggestions let me know.

Here's Lincoln trying out his new room. He totally made this shot in case you were wondering.
He says he really likes his new walls.

This pics blurry-sorry-I wanted to put it in anyway to show that K wrapped the window too to make it looked more finished.




This is the best shot I got of the woodwork we did--Kurt did. Doesn't it look awesome?! We figured out how to do it for as cheap as possible but I feel like it looks perfect. Good job hon.

13 comments:

Elise said...

Nice job on the paint - I love the stripes!

Miss Debbie Tiek said...

It looks fantastic!! I'm so proud of you guys. and Lincoln for his great shot!

Heidi said...

Both rooms look great! Good job. Clever way to make it look like paneling in the blue room.

~Aimee~ said...

I love it! Both rooms looks great! I am jealous. :-)

Melissa Tiek said...

The house looks great! I can't wait to see it in person...hopefully sometime soon.

Cailean said...

I love the colors! They are so serene. How fun to paint. The first commenter on this post did such a great job painting that we haven't had to! Thanks Jones! :) And wow your kids have very clean rooms!

Nathan and Raya said...

impressive! Want to come to my house and paint?
Kurt did an awesome job with the wood. It looks really good and those stripes are amazing! Seriously, want to come to my house and do some work?

Ricki said...

I love the bold stripes! And the paint and woodwork looks really good together. I would love to hear how you did it sometime.

I always think a funky light fixture is fun in a bedroom. Like a chandelier type light in the green room. But that doesn't help your walls, does it? Sorry, no ideas there!

nomadicspud said...

Oooooh, Aaaaaah. If you can't tell I love it!!! For pics take the kids to the tulip festival in April and take pictures then blow up the ones you like and frame them. Faith always tells me she does not like green but I bet she would love this.

Tawnya said...

I totally want to copy you. I haven't gotten brave enough to paint yet, but I think you may have inspired me. Too cute!

Erin said...

Hey, it's Erin! I lost your blog and then just found it again...silly me. Anyway, your rooms look great, and I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy. I just read that down below! That's great!

Anonymous said...

You are all too creative and handy. Kurt is like MacGyver! Thankfully, you closed the blindes when you took the picture, otherwise, everyone would have viewed my empty box filled loft. :D

Adele said...

Oh my goodness!! I love the paneling- So gorgeous!! You'll have to tell me how you did it for so cheap... I would love to do that in one of my rooms!!